Jan 15, 2013

USA Family Visas

Views 1479 Comments 0

USA is one of the best countries to live in. It has the best medical facilities, great standard of living, good educational facilities, higher life expectancy, and good future for children. No wonder then people look to migrate to USA with their families. After all, who doesn’t want a secure future for their loved ones. Many individual also seek the green card or the permanent residency as it provides the holder the same rights and privileges as enjoyed by a United States citizen.
We shall now discuss the various US family visa:

Young family playing in swimming pool
Young family playing in swimming pool (Photo credits: Hot Tub Barn)

US Family Visas

1) Fiancé Visa K-1 Visa: This family visa is a single entry, non-immigrant visa that allows a foreign national to enter the United States to marry a U.S. citizen. The visa is good for 90 days only and cannot be extended or renewed. Once you marry a K1 visa holder, you can then apply for an adjustment of status as well as work and travel permits for them. Later on, a green card can also be arranged to allow your spouse to live in the U.S. permanently.

2) US Spouse Visa K-3 Visa: To get this family visa the individuals should be married, should satisfy the age criteria (both of the individuals should be above the age of 18), should have all the legal documents. Where marriages have been in existence for less than two years, a conditional USA Green Card will be issued for duration of two years. If after this initial grant the marriage is still in place, the parties involved can apply for a Green card for lawful permanent residency.

3) US visas for dependent children K-4 : As dependent children of a K3 spouse visa holder will be issued with a K4 visa allowing them to study in the USA and to pursue work authorization.

4) US visas for parents and siblings of US citizen: Parents and siblings of US citizens (please note that US permanent residents are not eligible) can apply for Green Card. This has many benefits they can work in US and avail benefits. You will need a US citizen to take the legal responsibility for it.