Employer Nomination Scheme

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Australia


The Employer Nomination Scheme is a permanent residence visa meant for skilled workers who wish to work in Australia under one of the following streams:

  • Temporary Residence Transition stream
  • Direct Entry stream
  • Agreement stream

The Temporary Residence Transition stream is meant for subclass 457 visa holders who have already worked for two years, in the same occupation with their nominating employer, who now wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.

Direct Entry Stream is meant for individuals who:

  • have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
  • have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia
  • do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream

The Agreement stream is for meant for individuals sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.

Note: You must be outside Australia while applying for this visa type or if you are applying from within Australia you must hold a valid substantive or a bridging visa.

The Employer Nomination Scheme visa has some basic requirements, which must be fulfilled to migrate under this visa category. Before applying make sure that you:

  • have been nominated by an approved Australian employer under eligible occupation list
  • are younger than 50 years of age
  • meet the skills, qualifications & English language requirements
  • are applying under the stream for which you were nominated


[accordion clicktoclose=true tag=h4]

[accordion-item title=”Eligibility for the Employees”]

  • Have an employers sponsorship for a position that relates to an occupation listed on the Employee Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL)
  • Have your skills assessed as suitable for the nominated position by the relevant skills assessing authority.
  • Unless exceptional circumstances apply, have at least three years full-time work experience in the occupation before the visa application is lodged
  • Have been nominated to fill a highly paid senior executive position with a salary of more than AUD250 000 per annum

You must also:

  • have an employer who is willing to sponsor you for permanent residency
  • demonstrate that you have the appropriate skills, qualifications and/or experience to fill the position
  • meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements that allow you to work unsupervised and without further training
  • be under 45 years of age
  • provide a letter of appointment or a contract signed by both the employer and yourself
  • have Vocational English language ability


[accordion-item title=”Eligibility for Employers”]

  • Be actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia
  • Have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a position in their business
  • Follow all relevant Australian laws and have a satisfactory record of meeting immigration laws(if applicable)
  • Have a current training strategy for existing Australian employees, or if a newly established business, have a training plan for future training of Australian employees
  • Provide the employee with an offer of permanent employment



This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.

  • live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
  • study in Australia at school or university
  • receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare
  • access certain social security payments
  • be eligible for Australian citizenship
  • further sponsor people for permanent residence
  • meet the minimum salary level for ENS
Govt Fee ENS
AU $3520
This fee includes the main visa applicant and dependent
Govt. Fee Nomination
AU $540(Approx.)
This fee includes the main visa applicant and dependent
OTHER COSTS (If Applicable)
Medical Examination
Variable(Depending upon the type of Medical Test and Examination required)
This fee is payable for the application and must be paid directly to the doctor conducting your examination.
Character Clearance (Police Check)
This fee is payable to the police authorities in the countries where you have lived for 12 months or more.
Certification/ Translation of Documents
Payable to Translator
Employee Nomination Scheme (ENS)