J1 Visas

J 1 Visa USA

The Exchange Visitor Program promotes mutual understanding between the people of the United States (U.S.) and the people of other countries by educational and cultural exchanges, under the provisions of U.S. law.
The first step for a prospective non immigrant exchange visitor is to be accepted in an established exchange visitor program that is Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified.
In carrying out the responsibilities of the Exchange Visitor Program, the Department of State (DOS) designates public and private entities to act as exchange sponsors. Designated sponsoring organizations facilitate the entry of foreign nationals into the U.S. as exchange visitors to complete objectives of one of the wide variety of exchange visitor program categories shown below.

Exchange Visitor Categories

  • Au pair and Edu Care
  • Short-term Scholar
  • Camp Counsellor
  • Government Visitor
  • Specialist
  • Student, college/university
  • Intern
  • Student, secondary
  • International Visitor (Dept. of State use)
  • Summer Work Travel
  • Physician
  • Teacher
  • Professor
  • Research Scholar
  • Trainee

Exchange Visitor Pilot Programs

  • Summer work/travel:Australians
  • Summer work/travel:New Zealanders
  • Intern work/travel:Irish
  • Work/English Study/Travel:South Koreans

The exchange visitor (J1) non immigrant visa category is provided for persons who are approved to participate in exchange visitor programs in the U.S., under provisions of U.S. immigration law, you must first apply, meet the requirements, and be accepted for one of the Exchange Visitor Program categories through a designated sponsoring organization.

Exchange visitor applicants must meet specific requirements to qualify for an exchange visitor (J) visa under immigration law. The consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa.

Additionally, applicants must demonstrate that they properly meet requirements, including the following:

  • That they plan to remain in the U.S. for a temporary, specific, limited period;
  • Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the U.S.;
  • Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad; and other binding ties which will insure their return abroad at the end of the visit.
  • An applicant’s spouse and children should be able to obtain a J-2 Visa to accompany the applicant to the U.S. or to join him or her at a later date. A J-2 visa application should be submitted for each dependant either at the same time as the J-1 visa application or at a subsequent date.

If you decide to purchase Visas Simplys service, a qualified Registered Migration Agent will review your profile in detail to ensure that you are eligible for J-1 Visa. By using Visas Simply you will receive the best American visa advice and support for your visa application and have the services of most experienced American visa and American immigration experts at your disposal. Visas Simply and The US government fees will depend on what type of visa you are eligible for. If the Free Assessment result indicates that you are not eligible for J-1 Visa then we will recommend an alternative service for you. If you do not want to take advantage of Visas Simply services, a company functioning on US government guidelines, you can go directly to the official US government site. Our Fees for J-1 Visa is US$1999. Govt. fees for J-1 Visa is US$160.