Work and Holiday Visa

Work and Holiday (Subclass 462) Visa Australia

Work and Holiday Visa is specifically for individuals aged between 18 to 30 years of age, who want to travel and work for up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of temporary or casual employment. The Work and Holiday visa program is designed to encourage cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia & countries having reciprocating work & holiday agreement with Australia.

For Working Holiday Visa eligibility you need to fulfill certain criteria:

  • Age 18 to 30 years on the date you apply
  • Hold a passport from the eligible reciprocating countries
  • Meet educational requirements(Graduate from High School for USA and 2 years undergraduate studies for other countries)
  • Have functional English (IELTS 4.5 Equivalent)
  • Have a letter of support from your government (except USA applicants who have a US passport, rest of the candidates need to apply it from their home government or the concerned ministry)
  • Are not accompanied by dependent children
  • Have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (417) or Work and Holiday (462) visa
  • Meet character, health and evidence of funds requirements (funds generally should be more than AUD 5000)

You can apply for this visa if you hold a passport from:

  • Argentina
  • Bangladesh
  • Chile
  • People’s Republic of China
  • Indonesia
  • Malaysia
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovak Republic
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • United States of America
  • Uruguay

If your Work and Holiday visa application is approved you can:

  • enter Australia within 12 months of grant
  • stay up to 12 months
  • leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
  • work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
  • study for up to four months


Work and Holiday (Subclass 462)
This fee includes the visa applicant only (per person). For people from Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and USA to holiday and work in Australia.
OTHER COSTS (If Applicable)
Medical Examination
Variable (Depending upon the type of Medical Test and Examination required)
This fee is payable for each person included in your application and must be paid directly to the doctor conducting your examination.
Character Clearance (Police Check)
This fee is payable to the police authorities in the countries where you have lived for 12 months or more.
Certification/Translation of Documents
Payable to the TranslatorPayable to the Translator
Work and Holiday (Subclass 462)