USA Permanent Residency

USA Permanent Residency

Are you a skilled worker looking for a great life in US? Want to make a significant investment in United States? Wish to invite your spouse to United States? Well! The United States with a beaming economy, great standard of life, and significant opportunities to work, and study has been considered one of the best destinations by immigrants who wish to settle down in a foreign land as permanent residents. With a permanent resident Status you can say aloha to a great life in the United States, one of the fastest developing economies in the world.

Permanent Residents are immigrants who have been granted the right to permanently live and work in the United States. When you become permanent resident of USA, you will be granted a green card (a proof of your status). Before becoming a citizen of US, you must have been a legal resident for a significant duration. There are many paths that can help you to attain a Permanent Resident status in United States. Some of the categories are:

Family Visa

Immediate Relative of a U.S. Citizen

In order to promote family unity, the US immigration department allows US citizens to sponsor certain relatives to come and live permanently in the United States. The eligible immediate relatives are:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried children (under the age of 21)
  • Parent

Family Member of a U.S. Citizen
If you are not an immediate relative of a US citizen, then you still might be able to migrate to US and live permanently under the family preference category. This category a US Citizen to sponsor:

  • Unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21
  • Married child (ren) of any age
  • Brothers and sisters (if the U.S. citizen petitioner is over the age of 21)

Family Member of a Permanent Resident
You can also migrate to US and live permanently enjoying a great standard of life, if you are an eligible relative of a permanent resident.

Work Visa

Job Offer
If you have a permanent job opportunity or employer who wants to sponsor you in the United States, then you might be able to attain a permanent resident status based on your employment offer.

Self Petition
In two classifications of immigrant workers, the workers are not required to have a job offer and may self-petition (the worker does not need an employer to sponsor them). These categories include:

  • Individual of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics
  • Individual who were granted a National Interest Waiver

Special Category Jobs

If you have a special category job, then you still might be able to attain a green card. These programs are only limited if you meet the particular qualifications or apply during certain time frames. Some of the special category jobs considered for Permanent Residency are:

  • Afghan/Iraqi Translator
  • Armed Forces Member
  • Broadcaster
  • International Organization Employee
  • Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  • Afghan Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  • NATO-6 Non-immigrant
  • Panama Canal Employee
  • Physician National Interest Waiver
  • Religious Worker



If you are an entrepreneur looking forward to an investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States, which will create job opportunities for qualified United States workers, then you (and your spouse and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for permanent residence under the entrepreneur category. To be eligible under this category, you will have to make an investment of $1,000,000, or at least $500,000 in a targeted employment area. You can find complete details about this category here.


You can also look forward to a green card under the refugee or asylum category. Permanent Resident status under this category is only meant for individuals who are granted asylum by the government due to life threatening circumstances in their home country. After one year of residence of being into asylum, you can apply for a permanent residence in the United States.

Diversity Lottery

Every year around 50,000 immigrants’ visas are offered under the Diversity Visa Category, also known as the Green Card Lottery. This Lottery program is open for people from countries with low immigration rates to the United States and if you wish to migrate to US. After you are selected under the Diversity Visa program, you can apply for permanent residence and can also file for your spouse or dependent (unmarried & under 21) children.