UK Working Holiday Visa

UK Working Holiday Visa


The Youth Mobility Scheme formerly known as Working Holiday Visa allows foreign nationals aged between 18 and 30 years to work and travel through the UK for up to two years. The Youth Mobility Scheme – Working Holiday Visa is valid for citizens of eligible countries having reciprocal agreement with United Kingdom.

Eligible Countries:

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • Taiwan
  • New Zealand

To obtain the UK Working Holiday Visa, you must:

  • Be aged between 18 to 30
  • have a passport one of the eligible countries
  • not have any dependent children
  • not have held a UK Working Holiday Visa or Youth Mobility Visa before
  • declare any criminal convictions
  • not set up your own business or provide services as a professional sportsperson or a doctor in training while in the UK
  • Not have any accompanying family member or dependent. Although spouses/partners of UK Youth Mobility Scheme applicants can United Kingdom as dependants only if they qualify and obtain the YMS visa, or a different visa
  • Travellers on a UK Youth Mobility Scheme can holiday in the UK for 24 months in any job.
  • You can visit and leave the country as many times as you like.
  • You are also permitted to engage in privately funded studies and voluntary work.
  • There are many working holidaymakers who remain in the UK on an UK work permit, on the basis of marriage, as an unmarried partner, as a student, etc.
Govt. Child Application Fee
GBP 230
This fee includes the visa applicant only
OTHER COSTS (If Applicable)
Medical Examination
Variable(Depending upon the type of Medical Test and Examination required)
This fee is payable for the application and must be paid directly to the doctor conducting your examination.
Character Clearance (Police Check)
This fee is payable to the police authorities in the countries where you have lived for 12 months or more.
Certification/Translation of documents
Payable to the Translator
Working Holiday Australia