Jun 16, 2014

Immigration for Australia to Travel, Work or Settle Down Permanently

Views 1555 Comments 0

Australia is a popular destination for expatriates. Many people enjoy the climate, culture and communities enough to seek temporary or permanent employment in the country. If you want to work in Australia, you will need to find an employment scheme that sponsors your work visa. There are different options available, depending upon your nationality. On your visa application, you will be awarded points based on your qualifications, which will then determine if you get a visa. This process can take anywhere from 3 months to 18 months, so you may want to get a travel visa to visit Australia in the meantime

. Find out how to travel and work in Australia from the state department website to learn the process to start passport and view the Australian immigration rules on foreign workers, see what rights immigrant workers are afforded.

You can apply for an ETA visitor visa, which is required for any short-term trip to Australia, and you will be required to prove you have an ETA before getting on a plane to Australia. It is good for up to 3 months.

You can apply for an eVisitor visa, to visit Australia for travel or business and you are from an applicable European country. This is designed for travel of 3 months or less and you must apply for it outside of Australia.

You can apply for a tourist visa if you want to extend your travel for more than 3 months. You can apply for this visa inside or outside of Australia. It can be granted for up to 12 months of travel. Some nationalities are not able to submit an online application. In this case, you will need to visit an Australian consulate.

There is a provision to apply for a working holiday visa. This visa is only available to people from certain countries that are between the ages of 18 and 30. It is designed to allow you to travel, supplement your income with work and/or study for up to 12 months. People from a specific list of countries, including the UK and many European countries, should apply for a subclass 415 visa to gain short term employment in Australia. With this visa, you can stay and work for up to 12 months, study for up to 4 months and work during this period.  People from various Asian and South American countries and the United States can apply for a subclass 462 visa. The restrictions on this visa are similar to the subclass 415 visa.

Search an employer to sponsor your visa. If you are a skilled worker, you should begin looking for employment sponsorship 3 to 6 months in advance of your trip to Australia. There are a few different ways that you can find sponsored employment. Contact a recruiter in Australia to get help with finding a position. You can find recruiters via internet. This is a good idea if you have a highly specialized profession that is listed on the SOL. Register for a free “work in Australia” online job board.

Consult the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). If you are a professional working in 1 of the listed fields, you are much more likely to get a sponsored or independent work visa. Medical, engineering and computer professions are some of the most common items listed on this document. Do research on international companies that have bases in Australia. Applying for work in 1 of these companies may allow you to go through training in Australia or work in an Australian office. Search for applicable jobs in large Australian companies. Very large companies are more likely to hire international employees because they can afford the visa costs. Keep in contact with all of these companies and search often for new jobs.

You can also apply for a business visa.
 There are several types of business visas, usually available to people who are entrepreneurs or investors and seek to enhance the Australia economy. You can also seek a visa to train or conduct business for a short period of time. If you are planning a business visit, you will need to apply for an ETA or eVisitor visitor visa before being granted a subclass 956, 977 of 651 visas. You will need to apply for a short stay business visa if you are not eligible for an ETA or eVisitor via. Visit the link above to apply for a subclass 456 visa.

Attend a “Skills Australia Needs” event. The Australian government seeks out individuals with specialized skills, such as those listed on the SOL. Travel to 1 of these events to look for employment. You may need to travel to England or another country to attend this recruitment fair.