Nov 27, 2014

Working Holiday Visa Australia

Views 2744 Comments 0

Planning to stay and work while you’re visiting Australia?

Looking out for overseas education opportunities in Australia? Well! If you are aged between 18 and 30 and have a valid passport of a country participating in the Australia Working Holiday Program, then you are eligible for a 12 month visa that allows you to travel to Australia and opt for a job during this time period.

The Working Holiday Maker Program introduced by the government of Australia, including the Working Holiday visa and Work & Holiday visa, is a cultural exchange program that enables young travelers to enjoy an extended holiday in Australia and simultaneously take up short term employment during that time to support their stay.

The Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417) & Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462)

According to your country of residence, you can apply for either Australia working holiday visa (Subclass 417) or Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462).  You need to apply for the visa before you arrive. Under these visas the applicant can stay & work in Australia in full time, part-time, casual, shift and voluntary take up a job in Australia for six months or one year. While the visa is valid you can travel in and out of Australia as much you wish to. Moreover, you can also study for a period of maximum four years while holding a valid working holiday visa.

Before applying for the visa one needs to make sure that he/she meets the eligibility conditions, financial requirements, have a valid health certificate and fulfill other requirements listed by the immigration department. Since the visa application is non-refundable after being paid once, so make sure to keep all the eligibility conditions in kind before applying for a visa.

Which visa should I apply for?

If you are citizen from any of these listed countries, then you can easily apply for Work & Holiday visa (Subclass 462):

  • Argentina
  • Bangladesh
  • Chile
  • Indonesia
  • Malaysia
  • Poland
  • Turkey
  • Thailand
  • Uruguay
  • USA

And, if you happen to be a resident of these countries, then you can go for the Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417):

  • United Kingdom
  • Canada
  • Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Republic of Cyprus
  • Republic of Korea
  • Sweden
  • Taiwan

The Australian Government follows strict laws when it comes to employment of immigrants and penalties for if someone tries to break the law. So, make sure you are in Australia under  the right visa to avoid any problem.