Vocational Education & Training (572)

Vocational Education and Training Sector (572)

(Subclass 572) – Assessment Level 4

Student Visa 572 is especially for international students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is one of the following:

  • I-IV Certificate level courses (not including ELICOS studies) that include a Certificate IV course, minimum one year course
  • A diploma
  • An advanced diploma
  • A vocational graduate certificate
  • A vocational graduate diploma.

Before you apply for this visa, you must have applied for and been accepted to study full-time at an educational institution in Australia. (it means you are enrolled in an institute in Australia before applying for the visa). If you are applying for your 572 student visa, to be eligible you must provide evidence that you:

    • Have successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent, by providing school reports and academic records
    • Are enrolled in a registered vocational education course

Note:A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

  • Have needed English language ability (as per the department guidelines)
  • Have financial means to support yourselves and dependent family(whether coming with you or not to Australia) while you study in Australia
  • Must have health insurance while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.

Students are also required to satisfy health and character requirements for this visa

If you are granted 572 Vocational student visa you are benefitted with the following:

  • You can study in Australia
  • Eligible dependent family members can accompany you to Australia
  • When you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 20 hours per week while your course is in session and unlimited hours during holidays.
  • Your family members can work up to 20 hours per week provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia.
  • Your partner can study in Australia for up to three months only.

Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa.