Higher Education Sector (573)

Higher Education Sector (573)

(Subclass 573)-Assessment Level 3

Student Visa 573 is for international students who seek to apply to study in Australia and whose main course of study is one of the following:

  • Bachelor degree
  • Associate degree
  • Graduate certificate
  • Graduate diploma
  • Masters by coursework
  • Higher Education diploma
  • Higher Education advanced diploma

Make sure that before you apply for Student Visa 573, you must have applied for and been accepted to study full-time at an educational institution in Australia. (it means you are enrolled in an institute in Australia before applying for the visa). If you are applying for your 573 student visa, to need to provide the below mentioned proofs to be eligible:

  • Have successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent, by providing school reports and academic records
  • Are enrolled in a registered higher education course
  • Have needed English language ability (as per the department guidelines)
  • Have financial means to support yourselves while you study in Australia
  • Must have health insurance while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.

Students are also required to satisfy health and character requirements for this visa.

If you get the 573 student visa eligibility the benefits you will get are as follows:

  • You can study in Australia
  • Eligible dependent family members can accompany you to Australia
  • When you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 20 hours per week while your course is in session and unlimited hours during holidays.
  • Your family members can work up to 20 hours per week provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
  • Your partner can study in Australia for up to three months only.

Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa.

Students are also required to satisfy health and character requirements for this visa.

Student Visa Australia
This fee includes the main visa applicant and student dependents.
OTHER COSTS (If Applicable)
Medical Examination
Variable (Depending upon the type of Medical Test and Examination required)
This fee is payable for the application and must be paid directly to the doctor conducting your examination.
Character Clearance (Police Check)
This fee is payable to the police authorities in the countries where you have lived for 12 months or more.
Certification/Translation of Documents
Payable to the Translator
Student Visa Australia