Canada is one of those countries where immigration is on rise, this rise in immigration can be attributed to various factors like economy, employment opportunities, better lifestyle, and obviously for the breathtaking surroundings.
Canada is also known for its world class institutions and education system at a very affordable cost, which attracts a lot of foreign students to Canada. Canada is also looking to attract young inventors through its newly launched Start- Up Visa, which will not only attract major investors but also help Canada in ways of new employments and economic development. Canada is growing in every sector and this is the best time to migrate to Canada. Given below is a list of the most important Canadian visas:
1) Canada Federal Skilled Visa: Canada Federal Skilled Visa is for skilled workers with specific skill set who want to work and settle in Canada. In order to get this visa your occupation should fall in the skilled occupation list, you will also need the meet certain criteria set up by the Canadian government like language skills, adaptability, education and age.
2) Canada Working Holiday Visa: This visa is for the young people who want to visit Canada. You can also work in Canada to supplement your holidays. In order to get this visa you should be a passport holder from a country which has working holiday agreement with Canada. You should have sufficient funds and should be of sound health and character.
3) Canada Work Permit: Each year, around 200,000 foreign skilled workers come to work in Canada on Temporary Work Permits. Canadian work permit makes provision for working in Canada without the need to undergo a pointâ€™s based assessment. In order to work in Canada on a temporary basis, foreign skilled workers must have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer and be granted a Labor Market Opinion by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).
4) Canada Low Level Skill Work Permit: This visa is for individuals with low skill set. This visa allows foreign nationals to join the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
5) Quebec Skilled Worker Visa: Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec (Canada).Quebec welcomes immigrants with their know-how, skills, language, culture and religion. Quebec provides services to help them integrate and participate fully in Quebec society. Eligibility for Quebec-selected skilled worker visa is based on the following seven criteria which are evaluated through a points based system: your profile, training, work experience, knowledge of French and English, your ties to Quebec and the stays you have had here in the past, an employment offer made by an employer in Quebec, and information regarding the accompanying spouse or common-law spouse.
6) Alberta Immigration Nomination Program: This visa is for those individuals who want to migrate to Alberta province. You can fall under any of the categories like, Skilled Worker, International Graduate, International Graduate, Compulsory and Optional Trades Category, Engineering Occupations Category, Self-Employed Farmer Stream.
7) Canada Tourist Visa: This visa is for those individuals who want to visit Canada as a tourist. You will require valid travel documents and funds in order to get this visa.
8) Canada Business Visitor Visa: You may qualify as a business visitor if you are a foreign national who plans to visit Canada temporarily to look for new business opportunities, to invest or to enhance existing business relationships. Business visitors usually stay in Canada for a few days or a few weeks.
9) Start- Up Visa: This is a newly launched visa by the Canadian government to enhance Canadaâ€™s economy; this visa allows bright entrepreneurs to set up new business in Canada.
These Canadian visas are very important as they cover a wide spectrum of visas which is very important for Canada and the individuals who want to migrate to Canada as itâ€™s almost a symbiotic relation.
Canada needs immigrants to add to its workforce and strengthen its economy and the individuals migrating to Canada come here in search of better jobs and lifestyle.